(Leynee's Page ALWAYS Under Construction)

Musings, Excerpts, Poetry, Whatever

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Excerpts from Henri Nouwen's "The Return of the Prodigal Son"


"As the Beloved of my heavenly Father...

Having 'received without charge', I can 'give without charge'.
I can confront, console, admonish, and encourage
without fear of rejection or need for affirmation.

As the Beloved, I can suffer persecution
without desire for revenge
and receive praise without using it as proof of my goodness.

As the Beloved, I can be tortured and killed without ever having to doubt
that the love given to me is stronger than death.

As the Beloved,
I am free to live and give life,
free also to die while giving life."


--Henri Nouwen, "The Return of the Prodigal Son"

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 12:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi alanna!

    wow, tagal ko nang di nacheck blog mo, nice to see you updated it now! :)

    i really like this excerpt. remind me to hunt for the rest of it sometime soon. :) pero for now, this is enough to chew on. ang sarap nga ma-remind dun sa sinabi na, "as you have received freely, so should you also give freely." (or something like that.) astig!

    happy that you're happy! :D

    - andi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home